The Zimbabwe dollar was introduced in 1980 to directly replace the Rhodesian dollar at par (1:1) and at a similar value to the US dollar. Hyperinflation in Zimbabwe reduced it to one of the lowest valued currency units in the world, resulting in the largest denominations of notes the world has ever seen. It was re-denominated three times in 2006, 2008 and again 2009, with denominations up to a $100 Trillion banknote (12 Zero's). The final re-denomination produced the "fourth dollar" (ZWL), which was worth 1,025 ZWD (first dollars).
The Zimbabwean dollar was demonetized in 2015, with outstanding accounts able to be reimbursed until April 30, 2016. Currencies such as the South African rand, Botswana pula, pound sterling, Indian rupee, Euro, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar and the United States Dollar, are now used for all transactions in Zimbabwe. In December 2015, Zimbabwe added the Chinese yuan to its basket of currencies currently in use.
Today, the Zimbabwe Dollar is a favorite among collectors of foreign currency. It's rarity, and extremely large denominations have made it worth more as a collectible, than it ever was as a Monetized Currency. The Zimbabwe Dollar has sky-rocketed in price during 2015, and 2016 among collectors, and the price continues to explode as a collectible currency, making it one of the most valuable collectible foreign currencies available. Though we do speculate this buble will eventually bust, the ZWD currency remains highly sought after as prices continue to rise.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Due to the volatile market pricing, these prices are subject to change without prior notice. As our prices for the ZWD currency change drastically, without warning, the prices shown for our Zimbabwe currency may not be accurate at the time of purchase.
If you make a purchase, and our prices change AFTER your time/date stamp on your order, we will honor the price shown at the time of your purchase. If you make a purchase after our prices change, but before we can update the prices, we will notify you of the pricing change, and offer you the option to continue with the transaction at the new price, or allow you to cancel the order entirely without penalty.
- AUC - UNC ZWD
- 1 ZWD
- 5 ZWD
- 10 ZWD
- 50 Thousand ZWD
- 100 Thousand ZWD
- 500 Thousand ZWD
- 1 Million ZWD
- 10 Million ZWD
- 50 Million ZWD
- 100 Million ZWD
- 200 Million ZWD
- 500 Million ZWD
- 1 Billion ZWD
- 5 Billion ZWD
- 10 Billion ZWD
- 20 Billion ZWD
- 50 Billion ZWD
- 10 Trillion ZWD
- 20 Trillion ZWD
- 50 Trillion ZWD
- 100 Trillion ZWD
- Zimbabwe Coins
- Gold Plated ZWD
New Products For August - Zimbabwe Dollar
- Price Unavailable100 Trillion Zimbabwe Dollars - 100 Trillion ZWD Banknote Denomi...
- Price UnavailableZimbabwe Dollar 27 Note Set Denomination: Million / Billion / Trillion Notes C...
- Price Unavailable350 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...
- Price Unavailable400 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...
- Price Unavailable450 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...
- Price Unavailable500 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...
- Price Unavailable200 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...
- Price Unavailable250 Billion Zimbabwe Dollars - 50 Billion ZWD Banknote Denominat...